The SNAC Pack

The SNAC Pack

Monday, March 24, 2014

Single Digits!

As of yesterday, I’ve reached 31 weeks of this pregnancy…can you believe it?! At times, it seems as though I’ve been pregnant forever, and at other times, I find it hard to wrap my head around the fact that we will be meeting this sweet baby boy in just 9 weeks or less.  (Does that make any sense?)

I had an appointment with a new doctor here in Arapiraca last week and we really liked him!  The only problem is that he is concerned he might be traveling when the baby is born.  He said he was going to double check and let me know at my next appointment.  If he cannot deliver the baby, he promised to recommend me to someone he knows and trusts.  Usually, the actual doctor wouldn’t be too much of a concern (my OB-GYN with Carter ended up being out of town when he was born as well and we used someone else), but in this city, 99% of deliveries are via c-section so we want to make sure we have a doctor who is comfortable and knowledgeable to perform a natural delivery.  Also, because our Portuguese abilities still have much room to grow, it would be much more comforting to be with a doctor who knows us and our situation (and whom we’ve learned to communicate well with through our appointments). 

Since I have a negative blood type and Nick has a positive, I needed to get an RH injection in case the baby ends up having a different blood type than me (I did this with Carter as well).  However, here you don’t get the injection from your doctor…you have to find a pharmacy that has the medicine and they give it to you (in your haunches!) right there at their store!  We went to five drug stores before we found one that had the injection/was able to do it for me.  And we found out I was their first American ‘patient’ J (But that’s not too surprising as we’re the first American anything down here, haha).

This pregnancy has definitely been more difficult than my first…I’m over my morning sickness, but I seem to get tired much more easily, it’s harder to perform simple tasks (you know, like bending over and breathing…), and I’ve been having a lot of the pre-labor symptoms I had in the few weeks before I had Carter (contractions, icky stomach, etc.).  However, I’m praying that’s just because of all that’s been going on with the move and getting adjusted to this new, hot weather.  I’m trying to take it easy so this little guy can stay in my belly and cook until he’s good and ready to make his debut J

After declaring he would NEVER paint stripes again, Nick and I painted the nursery this weekend.  He must really love me and these babies <3 The walls were already white, and so we decided to leave three of them white, with 3 navy blue horizontal stripes going around, and to paint the back wall all navy blue.  Nick’s walls of stripes turned out much better than my wall…but I’m excited with it overall and am looking forward to decorating the rest with the navy/lime green/white whale theme J
 31 weeks
big brother love <3

1 comment:

  1. somehow missed this blog entry .... think I got started but pulled away - nice surprise ti find just now :) LOVE yawl, Momma and Daddy

    ReplyDelete